Hargeisa, (HargeisaPress) —The Head of State of the republic of Somaliland His Excellency, Ahmed Mohamed Mohamoud Silanyo met with European Union countries’ ambassadors at his office on Wednesday, his office said in a statement.
The meeting which was held at the Presidential Palace, the president and EU special representatives exchanged views on holding presidential elections,and Somaliland’s relations with international community particularly with the European Union, according to the statement. The president also thanked the European Union’s continued cooperation with Somaliland in different roles.
The EU delegation consisted of six ambassadors based in Nairobi.
- EU Ambassador, Veronique Lorenzo
- Danish ambassador, Ms. Mette Knudsen
- Deputy Dutch ambassador, Tijmen Rooseboom
- French ambassador, Mr. Emmanuel Dagron
- DfID Governance Adviser, Angus Miller
Officials from Finland were part of the EU delegation.