US condemns deadly attack on Somalia restaurant

0
259

The United States is condemning the overnight attack on a popular restaurant in Somalia’s capital that police say left at least 31 people dead.

A statement Thursday by the U.S. mission to Somalia says many of the victims had been breaking their daily Ramadan fast when the attack began Wednesday night.

The statement says the Muslim holy month of Ramadan “is a time of spiritual reflection and increased piety, which makes the timing of this attack all the more atrocious.”

The statement calls the attack by extremist group al-Shabab “barbaric.”
Thursday June 15, 2017

LEAVE A REPLY